Thursday 20 September 2012

Truth

The truth is I could sit down every single day and write to you about how much I miss you and how empty I feel now that you are gone. I am unable to find the right words for the way I am feeling inside. I miss you more than words could ever express. My hearts hurts. It longs for you.

It is important to your dad and I that your name lives on forever. Your memory, your name and your story are what we have left to hold on to and we will hold on to them forever. We will also share them with the world.

Your dad and I are in the process of setting up a trust fund in your name. Once that is established we will decide what is the best direction to go with the fund in the fututre. It may be a foundation in your name. It may be piggybacking onto another charity that has similar visions. It may be a non-profit organization. Whatever it may be will be a way for us to keep your memory alive forever.

Our plan is to help families in similiar situations. We know we want to help families with children in the Stollery, maybe even specifically the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit that you were in for so long. We have lots of ideas as to how we can help these families but do not have a definite plan. We have been meeting with other foundations to get ideas as to what the best direction for us will be. We will be meeting with the Stollery foundation next week to see how we are able to work with them.

The most important thing to your dad and I, is that this is in your name. We are doing this because of the way your changed our lives. You made us want to be better people. You inspired us to want to help others.

I don't yet know the direction this is going to take us. The only thing I do know is that because of you we are going to positivly impact the lives of people in need.

Madden, my promise to you is that we will change people's lives. Your name will live on. You will be remembered forever.

By the way we come visit your "spot" everyday. Lots of people come visit you. It looks beautiful. We are working on getting your headstone finished and installed before winter.




Fly fast up in heaven sweet angel. I love you as big as the sky small prince. xoxox

1 comment:

  1. After the funeral (which was beautiful)I did not go to the grave site, however, I do have an Uncle and cousin who lay in the same cemetary and when my children and I go visit them, we will make a special visit to Madden. I still feel so very sad for you and Rocky and your children - my heart hurts for you. Take care ... The Van Doorn family

    ReplyDelete