Sunday 23 September 2012

Smile

Madden - I miss you as big as the sky.

Tomorrow you would be 16 weeks old. I wonder what you would be like now if things were different. I am sure I will wonder that forever. I wish I could see your sweet little face and kiss your sweet little lips. I am sure I will wish that forever.

On Friday we went back to the hospital. Back to your unit. Your friend Elias had his second surgery and we wanted to be there for his family like they have been there for us. Elias is doing great and should be home within a few weeks. I know you are looking out for him from up in heaven.

We ran into some of your doctors while we were there. It was nice to see them. They had become such constants in our lives. Being at the hospital again was tough. Seeing your room was even tougher. However being at the hospital was also a little comforting. All our memories with you are there. All those people are the ones who knew you like we did. That place was your home and those people part of your family. I miss them too. We fought for you with those people. Its hard to just walk away.

This past week was smile cookie week. Soo many people ate those cookies in honor of you this week. My facebook page is covered with smile cookies just for you. You are so loved. Here are some of the people honoring you this week.





Your brothers are missing you like crazy right now. Ryker really wants you to come to his birthday party. He is even willing to give you all his toys. He is such a great big brother. He knows you will always be in his heart...but that doesn't even feel good enough to me. I not only want you in my heart but also in my hands.

We love you and miss you as big as the sky small prince. Sending hugs and kisses up to heaven. xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. And this is the hardest part. When time does continue and people move on yet his memories are as vivid in your heart and eyes as if it were yesterday. I continue to pray for you and your family. Madden is and will continue to be a True Hero!

    ReplyDelete