Monday 20 August 2012

Speaking too soon

I knew I shouldn't have said anything about the corner...I couldn't help it, I was just so happy. Yesterday was just such a good day.

It looks as though Madden has decided it is not yet time to turn the corner.

Today was an incredibly frustrating day. Madden has not been able to settle all day and is extremely irritable. He has been dropping his blood pressure and also de-saturating into the 50s. His heart rate has also been high all day and he has been having heart arrhythmia's. They switched him over to a new sedation thinking this is potentially pain related. He has been paralyzed twice since this afternoon to try and get his ventilation back on track. A couple times they have gotten big mucus plugs out that seem to be blocking the tube and then things seem to slowly go back to normal. However it is continuously happening. Something is going on and the doctors need to figure out what it is.

Its been a very long day.

Madden please please please work hard to get better. I want you home. I love you as big as the sky. xox.

1 comment:

  1. Madden you need to have some more good days your mommy and daddy would be so happy if you did. I know yesterday it was a good day but it needs to continue.

    We're thinking about you and your family every day. I really hope things start to get better.

    ~Amanda (Sebastians mom)

    ReplyDelete