Sunday 19 August 2012

Corner?

 I know I shouldn't say it, I probably shouldn't even think it....BUT I think Madden might be TURNING THE CORNER! Or at least he is getting closer to the corner. Every time I say this or even think it something happens and Madden takes a few steps back....but I am going to say it anyways. Madden had a very good day! One of the fellow's even went as far as to tell me that she thinks he is turning the corner...I so hope he is. I know we still have a long way to go...but today was such a good day.

On Friday night we went as a family to Red Deer to support Kaelin and his soccer team during their provincials. Soccer wise the trip wasn't very successful but I think this trip was important for us to go on as a family for our other two kids who have been feeling a little neglected the last few months. We had family and friends go to the hospital and spend time with Madden in our place this weekend so he wasn't alone. Which really made it much easier for us to be able to take the time off. We got back in the city around noon today and we all went as a family to visit Madden.
(We also continuously called he hospital so we knew Madden was doing well enough for us to be away...not to mention received texts from everyone who was visiting as well as texts from one of the other moms in the unit...thank God for the amazing people we have in our lives).




When we got to the hospital today Madden was doing very well. In fact shortly after we got their the nurse turned off his blood pressure medication completely and he was able to keep his pressures very stable! This is a big win for us. Madden's heart rate has also come down to the 120's - 130's. His LA line which measurs the pressure in his left ventricle was sitting around 12 for most of the day, another big win. When we saw the surgeon on Friday he told Rocky and I that anything under 15 for that line was great for Madden. They took Madden catheder out on Saturday night..well actually it fell out but they decided to leave it out since he really isn't peeing anyways. I am glad it is out because I think it is just another potential source for infection and also painful but I am not happy that Madden isn't peeing. This is something that needs to start happening soon. Tomorrow they are planning on starting feeds again through the feeding tube, just 1 ml per hour to start but at least it's a start.

I am so incredibly proud of Madden and how hard he is working to get home. I am proud to be his mother. He is an amazing little boy who has taught me so much. During our time together at the hospital we read a lot of books. I hope it is something that Madden and I will continue to do forever. It's something natural. Something we can do anywhere. It makes my heart happy and I hope it makes his heart happy to.

Madden you are my little super hero. I am more and more amazed by you and your fight every single day. I can't wait until the day I can pick you up and cuddle you. So many hugs and kisses are waiting for you. I love you as big as the sky little prince. xox


3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys so much!!! Keep fighting little man you have so many people that love you!!! Hugs from Cole, Shantal & Nixon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am over here in Australia following your blog......a friend of mine in Calgary is following your blog as well which is how I came across it! We have 3 boys as well aged 11, 9 and 3! Our baby spent a month in the NICU after he was born prematurely and had breathing problems which thankfully sorted themselves out. Anyway, thinking about you guys from all the way over here! Keep on fighting Madden! Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carly,
    You are an inspiration to all mom's in the world. You are a strong beautiful women and so is your husband. I started following your blog through mutual friends. Madden is a fighter. He is strong and a fighter. Our prayers are with you all. C'mon fight Madden to go home! Frances P

    ReplyDelete