Sunday 22 July 2012

He SMILED at me!

Today started out rough for Madden but ended with a smile.

Rocky got to the hospital this morning just as the nurse was changing Madden's diaper. He is NEVER happy during bum changes but usually settles out pretty quickly after. He didnt thins time. Both Rocky and the nurse tried to console him for over an hour. His heart rate and blood pressure were high, his respirartory rate was high, his sats were low. The nurse gave him two doses of morphine and two doses of adivan and he still could not settle. From the MRI Madden had a few days ago we knew that he had more fluid pockets on his lungs with the right side being worse. Dr. Cave figured he wasn't able to settle because the fluid had become too much for him to handle. He does have chest tubes on both sides but neither of them have been draining anything. Dr. Cave tried to aspirate the left side but nothing came out. He then tried to aspirate the right side and immediately got 47 cc's of fluid out. Over the course of the day the right side drained another 40 cc's. They TPA'd the left side twice and it is slowly draining fluid also. After the fluid started coming out Madden's heart rate, blood pressure, sats and respiratory rate all settled and he was much happier.

I went to the hospital after Kaelin's soccer game and spent some time with Madden. When I got to the hospital I started talking to Madden and he opened his eyes and smiled at me. It melted my heart. He really does know me and loves me :) He had a very good night and was very settled. He didn't cry once and we talked all night long...well I talked and he listened. One of my favourite nights with Madden so far.

Madden we love you as big as the sky. Sleep tight little bug. xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment