Tuesday 24 September 2013

Vision

Tonight my cousin shared with me a vision she had of my sweet boy - he was a toddler, rolling around, playing, giggling and he could talk...but barely. He was happy. He left her with the message that he misses us and wants us to be happy.
Initially I was really happy. I am happy that he is happy. I am happy for the reinforcement that he is still "here".
And then I cried for a really long time. I guess for the last little while I haven't been letting myself truly think about Madden and how much I wish he was here. I haven't let myself think about what he would look like or what he would be like. I haven't let myself think about what it would be like to have him home, to be able to hug him and kiss him or even just touch his small hands. I have thrown myself into helping others and planning events to keep his name going, to keep his memory alive and to keep me sane. But tonight I did. Tonight I let myself truly miss him... And it hurts. It really really hurts. I don't want him to get bigger without us. I don't want him to grow up in heaven. I want him back in my arms. I want him home where he belongs. I just want him back. 

1 comment:

  1. Carly, we all still think about him. I find myself visiting your blog every so often. You know you have so much support... I just want to remind you that there are some of us that don't get to show it as much as we'd like to... or should.
    Thinking of you often...
    Gisella

    ReplyDelete